We are moving along with the (almost) weekly release of new versions of the play test document. Here is a summary of the last few versions.
Changes of Note
- expanded glossary (which is at the end of the core rules chapter)
- reordered chapters so that glossary/core rules are before character creation chapter
- added PS raising drugs from various places, all to emergency medical gear, along with IQ raising drug
- added point buy option for generating PS
- removed M (max level) column for normal skills (not specials) as it is +125 for all
- added note that SB can be extended beyond +125 with SB from equipment and matrices
- changed Armor COR SMR to CHE
- snap shot penalty applies when firing into melee
- research into SMRs
- removed Gen-Human (warrior class); too many issues, Gen-Human is already a bonus on top of the Human, we have enough warrior elements
- many changes to matrices (primarily from feedback)
- work on cleaning up how skills are mentioned – e.g. racial starting skills are broken into starting skill bonuses and starting special skills, and listed as +X
- added note the the max SB for any skill is +125 (this includes any SB purchased, from race, IWJGU, or anything else)
- There should be no more mention of “motivators”. If you find any please tell me specifically where.
- I corrected terminology from “clip” to “magazine”. Let me know if you find any remaining references.
- I am thinking of removing some skill descriptions all together. This would only be for obvious skills, like poetry. Thoughts?
- I need examples of things a Mazian can do with Shape Change.
- Reading ONLY the race fluff chapter, do you get a good sense of the race? It would be great if you could ask someone who is new or never played to read it and see what their impression is. As this chapter has no mechanics they do not have to have to be a gamer. What is their impression of the various races? Do they get a good sense of what they are like? Are they left with any big questions?
- I have heard nothing about this so I assume everyone likes the change that you do not split XP/SPs in half when you are a matrix controller, instead Generation is a special skill that you can advance as you like.
- What is a better term for “Melee ROF”?
- Tell me specifically what items/text make the game feel DND/Anime.
We can still use more playtesters.